PADI Emergency First Response, description of the training:
PADI Emergency First Response is an important training in you diver career.
The goal is simple: Learn to react in emergency situation, give first aid actions, and boost your self-confidence during these situations.
But don’t worry, PADI Emergency First Response courses take place following simple steps and in relaxed learning environment…
In this programm, all courses are supported by self-study manuals, videos and quick reference cards allowing you start learning right away.
Good to know!
PADI Emergency First Response courses are based on internationally recognized guidelines for medical care. In addition, they meet the requirements for the PADI Rescue Diver course and all professional levels. Note that the majority of PADI instructors are also Emergency First Response Instructors.
- Primary Care (CPR) – You will learn different techniques to manage life-threatening emergencies: patients who aren’t breathing, have no heartbeat, may have a spinal injury, may be in shock or who may have serious bleeding. Or how to provide to your patient all chances of survival while waiting for emergency medical services.
- Secondary Care (First Aid) – Many medical situations are not life-threatening, and emergency services may be unavailable or delayed. During this course, you will learn to provide first aid that eases pain and reduces the risk of further harm, but also appease your patient.
- Care for Children – This training is more for people who works with babies and children, to teach how to react in emergency situations with young persons. It’s integrated in Primary Care (CPR) and Secondary Care (First Aid) courses.
- CPR & AED – This teaching is exclusively about cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) use. It’s usually integrated into First Aid at Work course.
- First Aid at Work – In some countries, as Great Britain, Australia, Canada… government regulations require workplace-specific first aid training. It’s integrated specific topics and techniques to meet these requirements.
- EFR Refresher (Remise à niveau EFR) –It is really important for your safety and that of others to review regularly (every year), all the techniques of CPR and first aid. The Refresher EFR course is conceived to review all techniques in order to be ready to react.
Our dive center will provide you the gear required for you training PADI Emergency First Response.
Our dive shop is at your disposal, if you wish to buy your own First Aid Kit, to have it with you every time!